Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Tuesday 6 November 2012

Sno Sno Quick Quick Sno –


Snow Bunting at Fleetwood

I am afraid there may be two posts on the subject so I'll keep this brief (me! brief!) – two snow buntings had been reported at Fleetwood for nearly a week but I had not had the opportunity to visit – the sun was out, chores done (sort of) and rain forecast for the foreseeable future – no contest!

I arrived and wasn't sure about parking restrictions (there were none! Now that is one way to confuse the motorist!).

I hedged my bets and parked 'in the middle', walked down to the promenade and there in front of me, two photographers and a snow bunting sat atop a groyne! RESULT!

Images are hopefully self-explanatory, there was snow atop the Cumbrian fells on the other side of Mori camb ie Bay, a Turnstone at my feet and I attempted to make the most of the afternoon with two accommodating Snow Buntings.

snow on the fells – snow, snow



quick

quick

snow


decisions, decisions – show both birds

or concentrate on one – with seed drop?
or just on seed drop?


for anyone visiting for the second time, I have replaced these images as the first lot seemed a bit soft, not sure these are any better, I may have to 'over-adjust' them for the web, to make them sharper.



3 comments:

Pete Woodruff said...

Excellent post, excellent images Geoff.

Unknown said...

Brilliant images from Rossall Geoff,these images are clearly a lot better on my screen.

Brian Rafferty said...

Geoff.Rossall comes good again !!

Lovely shots of these super little birds.I may visit if they decide to stay. Well done and meet up again hopefully soon.