Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Wednesday 25 January 2012

More from Newton Marsh

I haven't been out for over a week or so, and I wanted to check my images again as I'm not sure these do it justice, but what the heck, I did say I wanted might post again on the basis of trying to capture the 'chaos' that 'the beast' of Newton Marsh creates at times... (Great Black Backed Gull attack, see previous post). For what they are worth...

again probably best viewed by double clicking and opening the 'slideshow'... they're not great.

the 'herd' of grazing wigeon 
some idea of the chaos

as above

not great but liked 'the pattern'

as above

normally out of focus mess – just low light this time 
Black-tailed Godwit fly past 
from a better day – example of 'chaos' 
not great  but what's all the fuss?

this went wrong when exploring noise... but like its 'art' quality
Martin popped by to say hello today, 'hello' and while stood chatting outside on the front... 5 bullfinches, 3 male and 2 female... what a bonus – made my day... made my week! Call again Martin.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Geoff your images show the true scale of the amount of duck at Newton Marsh at the moment,and as we have said i'ts the story they tell.Great bonus the Bullfinch's,spring is just around the corner and the birds are starting to sing time to be more alert and keep our eyes open.

Millhouse Photography said...

Hi Geoff, I agree with Martin about the scale - the sheer numbers of bords at the marsh is incrediible. The 'chaos' shot is all bird! Amazing. Also, the last one definitely has an artistic quality.

Brian Rafferty said...

Geoff. Just love these wigeon chaos shots...impressive nos of birds...must get me down there. Well done.
Due to bump into you anytime. Take care.