Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Wednesday 29 June 2011

Common Tern Alarm






Sorry for yet more, but as it was a nice evening I thought I would pop down and see how the Terns were. Upon approach I thought someone was out ringing the youngsters as there was a cacaphony of noise and birds in the air everywhere. It turned out the local Sea Cadets were rowing around the pontoons and the poor birds were going ballistic, everyone of them was off the nest and in the air... I wasn't impressed and had a word in the ear of the 'captain'... claimed 'didn't know they were there.... ' they were all over the place dive-bombing the rowing boat!

It was intersting light, so here are a few pics. It seems man has to disrupt wildlife wherever you go.

 And thank you for your comments, Sorry if I have not responded in 'comments', I didn't think you would be back to check, so thank you all for looking in and your comments ARE appreciated.

2 comments:

Brian Rafferty said...

Geoff. Lovely light equals lovely shots...well done. Hope the cadets are not around when I visit later !!

Pete Woodruff said...

Quite surprised to hear about the Sea Cadets being in the docks. With the colony being a well organised 'set up' I'd have thought this would have been definitely off limits.

Excellent pics again Geoff!