Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Saturday 19 May 2012

Duelling Pieds


Nearly did it again then with 'Duelling Banjo's' (which film? answers on a postcard please).

On 'walkabout' I came across two Pied Flycatchers singing (duelling) at either end of a small wood and as they were my first it seemed rude not to stop and study. The photos are really only record images as I don't have ANY and pushing the limits for publishing on a blog. I was 'well made up'.

While I was busy watching the Pied Flycatchers, three Pied Wagtails decided to have a barney (duelling) and I was left with this one, erect on the wall wondering where the opponents had gone, I had to smile as they'd dropped off the wall, still scrapping. What, where, who what?

I've included the image of the Wheatear, far from being a great photo of the bird, I rather liked the concrete and natural vegetation and the colours of the bird itself.

As the Pennines reach skyward from the west Lancashire river plain I spotted the odd bird flitting about and finding a suitable place to stop, I was disappointed it was a male Chaffinch, then a couple of Linnets and surprised to see a Willow Warbler. Excellent.

Pied Flycatcher

Pied Flycatcher

Pied Flycatcher

Pied Flycatcher

what, where, who, what? Pied Wgtail left wondering what the fight was all about

matching colours, Wheatear

male Chaffinch

Linnet

Willow Warbler
Willow Warbler

Willow Warbler



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You've certainly been busy Geoff and on your travells have picked some very nice images with alot of enjoyment thrown in,thank you for sharing. mj.