Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Friday 12 November 2010

Waxwing Impressionist

While staking out a local spot that looked hopefull for Waxwings, all I got was a Wood Pigeon... eating all the berries... I have no idea ih this behaviour is documented. I suppose it makes sense if you stop to think about it, but never do; the heavier birds strip the 'easy' berries, thereby leaving those berries at the extremities to the smaller birds to feed upon, or something like that. It also gave me an opportunity to do some camera tests, all of which were an abysmal failure.

I also came across a small flock of about 20 Meadow Pipits – not that unusual, but in mid November? The record shot is just so you know I didn't imagine it or get the id incorrect.







No comments: