Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Monday 15 March 2010

Knott End Turnstones

Another grey overcast winters day. Stretching my legs at Knott End I ended up at the jetty. It was blowing 'a whoolie' and a bit brass around the nether regions. The tide was in and not wanting to call out the Coastguard I didn't venture too close to the waters edge and moved slowly making sure of my footing with each step... too many past adventures thank you very much. Working my way back up to the esplanade a small flock of Turnstones decided to drop in. I must have created great amusement to others passers-by as I did slow motion impressions not wanting to disturb these lovely birds – a favourite of mine (but there are so many); the colours are so fab and when you see them in their natural environment – what great plumage. The tide turned and uncovered enough of the beach and pebbles for the birds to do as their name – Turn stone. With my photos and frossen to the core, it was time to go.  A flock of 58 Redshank were feeding in the receding water's edge.
On the way to Knott End a Kestrel and 2 Grey Heron at Carr Hill Common and on Pilling Moss, another pair of Kestrels, two Red-Legged Partridge. On the way home Goldeneye at Pilling and a small flock of Greylags at Eagland Hill.



No comments: