Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Friday 21 September 2012

Made in Rossall

This is the last of the images from my visit at the beginning of September... alas you will be sorry to hear I have been back since and yet to post those images!

Dunlin for comparison of plummage, Douglas Bader was correct about watch out for them coming out of the sun and the others cos I like them!

Loyal reader, you will know of the weather at Rossall, typical UK, blowing a whollie, overcast, sunny intermittent showers, about 12 degrees... I was surprised to see a photo and query on a web site about Sanderling...
.
.
.
.
.
in SIngapore!

Having worked in Singapore where, when it rains you are talking vertical non stop monsoon type rain, batters it down and makes our worse rain look like a bit of drizzle; 90 degree air temperature with 90 per cent humidity – I cannot think of two wider extremes, Rossall and Singapore unless you include the northern tundra where these Sanderling call in from ...
.
.
.
.
.
shocked and stunned.

Cracking birds though.






from out of the sun

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I nearly swore Geoff,these images are brilliant,you are just getting better and better with your photography just rewards for all your time and effort,keep it up.Very well done.mj

Pete Woodruff said...

You may think I'm overstating it but I assure you I am not. The last image - the Sanderling in flight - is the best I personally ever saw on the wing. Brilliant Geoff....official.

Brian Rafferty said...

Geoff. Brilliant shots...agree with Pete that last one of the sanderling in flight is absolutely stunning.Good to meet up at Rossall..Keep up the wonderful camera work.