Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Wednesday 5 September 2012

A Byrds song, turn turn turn


Another visit to Rossall saw me getting the tide times completely the wrong way around, sounds like me.

So I decided I'd spend the time concentrating on what birds do at low water ... feeding.

I also concentrated on one species, Turnstone in the hopes of getting an image of one with a crab (poorly conceived preconceptions), instead managed one or two as they caught some shrimps. You will have to double click the images to see the slideshow to see the shrimp.

I came away with a pound or two of freshly caught shrimp (from local fisherman) and from the catch this weaver fish. Not sure I'll go paddling a low water without wellies or hob nailed boots!

(taken 28 August when I saw the Snow Geese, taken me this long to recover)













4 comments:

Unknown said...

Geoff,you might have missed the tide but you didn't miss the birds,great images showing the turnstones feeding.Hope to catch up with you soon mj.

Paul Foster said...

A very nice collection Geoff,well worth the effort!

Millhouse Photography said...

I do really like the one walking towards you Geoff.

Brian Rafferty said...

Geoff.Super turnstone shots from Rossall...Like the weever also..not seen one before. Catch up with you sometime.