Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Thursday 6 October 2011

Fairhaven again! Slavonian Grebe

I was extolling the virtues of Fairhaven Lake on my last post, and yet again Fairhaven has come up trumps with another first for me – a winter plummage Slavonian Grebe. The weather was awful and so was the light. It is worth wading through as the best photos, as always are at the end. As with all my photography, I try to capture the 'essence' of the bird and this beauty was moving around at a fair old pace, frequently diving for food – as you will see – even if the photos are very dodgy!






diving left and right and every direction!


missed the focal point (gggrrrggghhh humbug!) but you can see shrimp on the menu
better when the sun comes out!




The last two are the same image, but a test for me, as you know struggling to find the best way to upload images.

Anyone wish to coment on the new format?

As no comments I have reverted back to the old layout.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Geoff It wasn't easy in those conditions,I wiped 100's of images especially when the bird was facing left as there was no eye contact.Great images I love the last image very well done.

David Cookson said...

Just found your Blog once again through Fylde Birders Nice to meet you t-other day....nice images especially the last two taken in very difficult conditions.....hope to bump into you again sometime soon.
Cheers David

Ornitocampero.blogspot.com.es said...

Nice series of the this elegant bird.....One of them shows off, how good is fishing!
Nice day.

Pete Woodruff said...

Nobody commented on the 'new' format but looking good to me GG.

geoff gradwell said...

Hi folks
Martin – Again two days and two photos! Still pleased with those.
David – my pleasure, sorry you had trouble finding me on tininternet.
elcamperoinquieto – Welcome
Pete – I've been told the new format doesn't seem to work too well, so reverted to the old – but now that has gone pear-shaped (the list of labels has gone to the bottom and not on the left as I would prefer).
Grey and overcast here – need to get out.