Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Sunday 19 February 2012

The Grey Wagtail saga... five years or so

You will recall an earlier post dear reader of my encounter with a Grey Wagtail some weeks ago in poor light... I returned...








as you can see in sunshine.... I prepared the post yonks ago but didn't want two posts on the same subject and time passes...

...however the real reason for the post is because I was going through the archives and starting to think and plan about the coming months and what I might think about catching up with, for instance I have an 'odd' Chiffchaff on my patch that has returned over the last two years and hopefully he'll be back ('he' because he does all the singing) and I'll try and catch up with him, but he tends to conceal himself very well and high up in the tree canopy...
...and also, I suddenly realised I have had Grey Wagtails on my patch for the past five years or so in the same location, a pair last April; and then I remembered photos I had taken in 2007, of a Grey Wagtail collecting food in June...

collecting food in June 2007... for? (old camera equipment)

obviously to feed the young.... and I hadn't appreciated the significance of it at the time... breeding Grey Wagtails! I will have to make more of an effort this year. Must do better (as my form master always said).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great images Geoff,love images 5 and 7 the reflection on 5 is top drawer and 7 shows the wagtail lifting a leaf looking for food.GREAT CAPTURES.