Welcome

Welcome, all content is the copyright of the author © Geoff Gradwell
Please do not reproduce without asking. Thanks.
New at this and finding my way around. Any help appreciated!

Tuesday 30 November 2010

A bit brass

I had to run over to Knott End again... four whooper swans on Lancaster Road, but a bit too far away for any photo, about 80 Wood Pigeon and small flock of about 200 Starling, the latter two disturbed by a raptor; from the glimpse I had, guessing at a Peregrine. As I progressed a few Pink Footed Geese were in the air so I figured it was worthwhile popping over to Bradshaw Lane, whereupon (record images only) 20+ Tree Sparrows, 12+ Chaffinch, 2 Robins, 2 Magpie, 2 Starlings, 3 Yellowhammers, 2 Stock Doves, 12 Wood Pigeon and 4 Red-Legged Partridge that made me laugh the way they finally 'came in' line astern... but no Pink Footed.  But driving into Knott End I spotted half a dozen geese in the air and tracked a small flock down to a field off Pilling Lane ... and for those viewers who are further afield (and at work), a view of the Lakes across Morecambe Bay. And incredibly while 90% of the UK is paralysed by snow, so far we have had none... but it is darn cold.










Powered by website analytics technology.


No comments: